Sunday, October 17, 2010

My million dollar horseback ride

My Dad gave us two horses about a year ago and directly after he gave them to us they have been a HUGE pain in the behind. Oh, I know...I'm supposed to sooo love horses and never say anything negative about them because they're just so beautiful and adorable. Well, sorry not the case here. Our horses have cost us more money over the past year than anything. Seriously, I'm glad I have a full time job so all my earning go towards their luxurious life. Josh and I are suckers when it comes to animals and we can't see them suffer, die, hurt, etc...I won't even go into all the issues/problems/sleepless nights/vet visits we've had over this 15 year old sorrel quarter horse named Colonel. But, I will say that after owning him for a year and sacrificing jobs, money, sleep, sanity for him...I finally got to ride him last Sunday. Did I enjoy it? No, not one bit because I was so paranoid the entire time that I was pushing him too hard, etc. BUT, I could tell that he loved it and was glad to be back in the game. Half way through the ride Josh mentioned that this was probably the most expensive horse ride next to the Kentucky Derby.







1 comment:

Brooke and Peter said...

i LOVE it... way to go Colonel (and MIcca and Josh for not canning him years ago)!!! You guys rock!