Monday, February 8, 2010

Frito Lay Corporate Headquarters

Last weekend 5 couples had the opportunity to have an amazing dinner prepared for us at the Frito Lay corporate kitchen in Dallas. Frito Lay's generous chef donated this experience for JDRF. All the proceeds go towards helping find a cure for diabetes. This was super fun and far exceeded all our expectations. No, we didn't eat frito pie for dinner. We had 5 courses each paired up with the perfect wine. It was a really cool experience!



Kay Williams, Candy Roberts, Amy Biggs, Mike Roberts, and Patty Dauer








First course ceviche, paired up with champagne.



This pantry had a few things to whip up something crazy. (What is my Dad doing?)




This is the kind of kitchen you get when you have a 8 million dollar budget. I guess Frito Lay is doing okay through the recession.



Below - We are a really uptight group, I'm afraid we made the chef nervous.



The 4th course



Steve, some chef dude, Ryan, and the head chef



CE and Josh



Okay, now we're back to our element with a fireplace and a bar



Who has the longer ponytail?



I like a man that really gets into his story telling.


Favorite picture of the night.



As Ryan put it, "Another memory maker!"


They are donating this dinner again for next year's JDRF silent auction. May the highest bidder win!!! I'm picturing some throw downs to make sure it's ours again.

3 comments:

Brooke and Peter said...

That looks like so much fun... Yeah, your family really needs to lighten up. Looks like you had no fun at all... :)

lauren and brad said...

So this is why you were in dallas!!!!

why does your family always have such a raucaus good time together? we should all be more dauer-esque!!!

Jacqueline said...

YUM YUM!!! I am jealous!!