I grew up on a ranch, so I should be used to all this calfing action and not get too excited about it. Not the case!! Since we have our own little operation, I have taken a new interest. Before we took our niece and nephew skiing in Taos we stopped in Panhandle, Texas to stay with my Dad and Patty. We loaded up and took an ag tour of all the new baby calves. Nothing is cuter than a registered Hereford calf. Just look how precious they are!!!
Of course it's much more exciting to check on the cattle with an elementary student driving the vehicle.
All the calves hang out together just like little kids. They run and play, and chase each other around. The Mom's all gather for coffee and chit chat while they let the kids play. I think here all the new Mom's are planning what they'll be serving for snacks at the next baby shower. Okay, that was dumb.

This calf was JUST born. They can stand up within an hour of being born. This Momma was not happy about us driving up on her new baby!!
So, after welcoming some new calves into the world and surviving Tristan almost flipping the Tahoe while driving....we head west for our skip trip. Pics to come soon!!
2 comments:
such cute babies!
tristan driving! :) last week in seminole a lady chased me down in the parking lot to ask me if she could buy my truck because it was just the right size for her 10 year old grandson to learn how to drive in! :) those farm boys!
love the calves, love the kids, love your dad, love you! oh, and I love PANHANDLE!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment